(except on Sundays and religious holidays)
From April 1st to Oct. 31st - 2016
From Nov. 1st 2016 to March 31st 2017
Monday - Friday - Dec. 24th and 31th
Approx. 4 hours
The tour begins by coach passing through Piazza della Repubblica with the Fountain of the Nayads and following the ancient Aurelian walls which once surrounded the ancient city. From Piazza del Popolo where you will see an Egyptian obelisk dating back to the time of Ramses II. Finally, on arrival at the Vatican Walls, your guide will then lead you into the Vatican Museums* taking the beautiful Spiral staircase and continuing through the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps before arriving in the famous Sistine Chapel* with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgement by Michelangelo, at the end of the tour time free to visit the St.Peter’s Basilica**.
From Hotel 6:30/7:40 am
From Agency 8:00 am
1. N.B. ENTRANCE TO VATICAN MUSEUMS AND SISTINE CHAPEL REQUIRES APPROPRIATE ATTIRE (NO SHORTS, MINISKIRTS OR UNCOVERED SHOULDERS)
2. CLOSING DAYS OF MUSEUMS: 1 January - 6 January - 11 February - 19 March - 6 April - 1st May - 29 June - 15 August - 8 December - 25/26 December
3. WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE THE VISIT TO THE BASILIC DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE)
4. THE VISIT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE WITH WALKING DIFFICULTIES
5. WHEN THE CHURCH IS CLOSED IN ALTERNATIVE THE VISIT TO THE VATICAN MUSEUMS WILL BE EXTENDED
6. On the retour the bus stops at: Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia, Piazza Cavour, Piazza della Repubblica, Termini Station.
7. VISIT TO THE CHURCH WITHOUT EXPLANATION FROM THE INSIDE